Mr Nice and Mrs Marks ~ Chelsea SW3 Girl

Mr Nice and Mrs Marks


Have just finished re-reading the excellent 'Mr Nice and Mrs Marks' which I first read upon its release back in 2007. It holds up well and if anything, is better on the second read.

Typically, all the media coverage has tended to focus on Howard (Mr Marks) and the more glamorous buccaneering aspects of The Business but there is much to be said for Judy's (Mrs Marks) account of those years.
I don't think she gives herself enough credit for keeping everything together through all the hard times.

Whatever your views on drugs, I really recommend you read this book.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The life and loves of a 30something
female living in Chelsea, SW3, London.

Frank, acerbic and occasionally
batty forays into the realms of ego.

Get in touch: email me on
chelseasw3girl at gmail dot com

About Me

Work: Early 30s, own business, ex Investment Banker.

Personal: Single but co-habiting for several years. After a rocky patch, we seem to be getting on much better.

Likes: current affairs, politics, walking by the river, reading, burlesque, exploring, the countryside and lots of other random things besides. I like to straddle a wide cultural morass and enjoy delving into Private Eye as much as I do the latest brain-dead issue of Heat or OK mag (*dreadful, I agree)

Dislikes: bureaucracy, *uckwits, parking wardens, bad service, Alaister Darling, BS and ...oh, I could go on.

  © Chelsea SW3 Girl Blog 2009

Back to TOP